Enhancing Sight to Improve life
Alcon is helping people see the world better through advanced surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products. We serve eye care professionals and their patients in more than 180 countries, reaching 90% of the globe, to help millions of people see the world better with clarity, color and beauty. At Alcon, we enhance sight to enhance life.
Commitment to Patients
Alcon continues to set new standards in eye care through its commitment to developing new and innovative products and technologies to address unmet eye care needs around the world. Patients are at the center of everything we do and at the heart of our commitment to helping people see better. This is seen in our advanced research and development process, as well as our high standards for manufacturing that exceed basic compliance needs.
- Research and Development – With more than 2,000 associates worldwide researching and developing treatments for vision conditions and eye diseases, Alcon’s dedication to eye health is unmatched. Over the next five years, we plan to invest $5 billion to develop new ways to treat cataracts, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, retinal diseases, dry eye, eye infection, eye inflammation, ocular allergies, refractive errors and other problems that keep people from seeing well. We’re always looking for scientists and engineers to work in our state-of-the-art R&D facilities—view our current job openings if you’d like to join our team.
- Manufacturing – Alcon is the world’s leading manufacturer of eye care products and employs approximately 12,000 associates in 26 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities — located across the globe. Our facilities manufacture surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical products, contact lenses and lens care products.
All Alcon manufacturing sites perform rigorous product testing and adhere to IS0 9000 standards in all of our products. View our current job openings if you’re interested in working at one of our manufacturing facilities.
Our Business Focus
Alcon's leadership is grounded in cutting-edge innovation and breakthrough technology, transforming the way we treat eye diseases and conditions. We offer a broad spectrum of eye care products and are organized into three businesses: Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care.
- Surgical – Alcon offers the industry’s most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
- Pharmaceutical – The Alcon pharmaceutical portfolio includes treatment options for elevated intraocular pressure caused by glaucoma, anti-inflammatories and anti-infectives to aid in the treatment of bacterial infections and bacterial conjunctivitis, ophthalmic solutions to treat inflammation and pain associated with ocular surgery, as well as eye inflammation and infection following cataract surgery. The product portfolio also includes vitreomacular adhesion, eye and nasal allergy treatments, and over-the-counter dry eye relief and ocular vitamins.
- Vision Care – Through the integration of CIBA VISION, Alcon is now one of the largest manufacturers of contact lenses and lens care products. Our Vision Care portfolio offers daily disposable, monthly replacement and color-enhancing contact lenses for comfortable and convenient vision correction options. We also have a complete line of contact lens care products. These include multi-purpose and hydrogen-peroxide based solutions to clean, rinse and disinfect contact lenses; rewetting drops to provide added comfort throughout the day; and daily protein remover that removes protein deposits from lenses.